J-Source Journalism Integrity Award: nominations close Jan. 8
Do you know someone who is an inspiration to working journalists, educators and audiences? This new award will recognize a person or organization that has had a positive impact on the quality of journalism in Canada in 2009. Nominate your choice now.
Do you know someone who is an inspiration to working journalists, educators and audiences? The J-Source Journalism Integrity Award will recognize a person or organization that has had a positive impact on the quality of journalism in Canada in 2009. Nominate your choice now.
Since 2007, J-Source has been helping Canadians passionate about journalism stay on top of the profession. We’ve been monitoring trends, spreading news about innovations and examining ethical issues and shifting economic models during this time of revolutionary change.
We strive to recognize and celebrate the efforts of journalists, journalism educators, activists and citizens who believe that journalism can make a difference in a functioning democracy.
We want to recognize one of those individuals or organizations with the new J-Source Journalism Integrity Award.
The award will honour an individual or organization that has encouraged excellence, had a positive impact on the quality of journalism at the local and/or national level and serves as an inspiration to working journalists as well as educators, our readers, audiences and the Canadian public.
Anyone can be nominated, and anyone can nominate by submitting a written explanation of why you’ve chosen the organization or person you believe should be honoured for work done in 2009 (detailed nomination guidelines are listed below).
Nominations will be accepted until January 8, 2010. The J-Source Journalism Integrity Award Committee will develop a shortlist of nominations for the J-Source Editorial Committee, which will vote for the winner.
I look forward to seeing your nominations.
Chair, J-Source Journalism Integrity Award Committee
- The action, decision, advocacy, story, approach, judgment call etc. that provides the basis for the nomination must have occurred in the 2009 calendar year
- If the basis for a nomination refers to an internal decision, the information must be verifiable through others involved
- Nominations must be received by midnight on January 8, 2010
Nominate a candidate:
If you have a person or organization to nominate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following information:
- Your first and last name
- The first and last name, title, organization (if applicable) and location of the person you are nominating OR the name of the organization you are nominating
- An explanation of why you believe this person or organization should be considered for the J-Source Journalism Integrity Award. This can be a couple of sentences or longer, but must include enough information for the judges to understand and consider. Links and or documentation are welcome.
J-Source has convened an awards committee to judge the nominees. After the January 8, 2010 closing date, the committee will review the entries and create a short list. The 17 members of the J-Source Editorial Committee will then vote on the winner.
The winner of the J-Source Journalism Integrity Award will be announced in January.[node:ad]