Teaching resources for instructors: Broadcast/visual journalism
Looking for resources to use in the classroom to help you teach broadcast and visual journalism? Here, Mary McGuire has curated a list of tools and resources for teaching the following:
And for more teaching resources:
- A series of online tutorials about teaching photography, photojournalism, and using digital photography tools and software from the Knight Digital Media Centre
- Tips for teaching basic photography to journalism students from Mindy McAdams, the author of the blog Teaching Online Journalism
- A library of resources about the history of photo-tampering.
- A webpage full of resources for teaching video journalism from online journalism educator, Mindy McAdams.
- The Knight Digital Media Center’s online resources for teaching video and video journalism
- Poynter’s collection of tip sheets for teaching visual journalism.
- Tips for radio journalists from the BBC
- Tools, advice and tips for anyone interested in public radio from Transom.org
- The Knight Digital Media Centre’s page of resources for teaching audio journalism
- Online journalism educator Mindy McAdams' audio reporting resources