Have an event you'd like to have appear on our events calendar? Please fill out the event form.
All events will be reviewed by an administrator before appearing on the calendar.
- This event has passed.
Workplace Integrity: Do You Qualify as an Ally? (Especially Now)
June 15, 2020 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pmFree
Freedom Forum fellow Jill Geisler provides practical insights for men who want to be allies to women, people of privilege who want to do more to fight inequity and powerful individuals who want to be better advocates for change.
In the “Do You Qualify as an Ally” webinar, you will learn:
– Why being an ally right now — during a period of reckoning on racial justice and the ongoing pandemic — is more important than ever.
– How to have courageous conversations with the right words at the right time
– How to keep bias from finding its way into decision making
– Why micro-aggressions aren’t really so “micro” — and how to stop them
– How to address the burden of “invisible work” that can harm underrepresented staff
– Real-world situations in which newsroom allies made a difference for their colleagues — and created better journalism, too
Jill Geisler is the Freedom Forum’s fellow in Women’s Leadership and the Bill Plante Chair in Leadership and Media Integrity at Loyola University Chicago. She is an internationally recognized expert in leadership and management and the person news organizations reach out to when their managers need solutions, skills and inspiration. A master teacher with deep roots in journalism, Jill designs and delivers programs in the Freedom Forum’s Power Shift initiative, including its highly regarded Workplace Integrity curriculum.