Have an event you'd like to have appear on our events calendar? Please fill out the event form.
All events will be reviewed by an administrator before appearing on the calendar.
- This event has passed.
CP Style Seminar
September 21 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm$95
Live CP Style Seminar (Limited Space)
$95.00 | 75 minutes via Zoom
Presenter: James McCarten, Editor, The Canadian Press Stylebook
Join us on Thursday, Oct. 14 at 10 a.m. ET for an in-depth review of what’s new in CP style and all the updates in the new edition of The Canadian Press Stylebook coming out next month.
Space is limited, so order online to book your spot today!
WHAT YOU’LL LEARN
Stylebook editor James McCarten will take you behind the scenes to understand how CP style decisions are made. With ample time for Q&A, your burning questions will be answered by the expert!
Catch up on CP’s new advice, expanded guidance and/or modern rules on:
- COVID-19, vaccines, variants and the ever-evolving language of public health
- Sensitive subjects such as sexual misconduct, disabilities and mental illness
- Use of terms like Black, Indigenous, white, brown, among many others
- Incorporating diverse voices and navigating the shifting norms on race and ethnicity
- Acceptable gender language
- All participants will be entered into a draw to win a copy of the latest edition of the Stylebook.
- Earn your CP Style Certification for display on your resumé or LinkedIn profile after testing your knowledge of changes in the 19th edition.
WHO SHOULD JOIN
CP style evolves as language changes. This webinar helps you ensure your writing follows the latest standards adopted by media and communications professionals nationwide:
- Corporate communicators
- Teachers and students
- Public relations writers
- Website producers
- Magazine writers and editors