Postmedia seeking tablet producer
Postmedia Network Inc. is looking for a Tablet Producer to play a leading role on the Toronto-based central desk that will develop content for the company’s forthcoming tablet apps.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Works closely with tablet designers to develop interactive features and ways of telling stories that are unique to the tablet
- Selects and packages content for a daily tablet newsmagazine, drawing on national and international news, lifestyle and sports
- Produces tablet content and interactive projects with Postmedia writers, editors, photographers and designers, and staff from Postmedia’s daily newspapers
* A passion for editorial design and storytelling that uses the tablet’s immersive and interactive qualities
* A proven ability to combine words, still and moving images, graphics and other audio and visual assets to create immersive and interactive experiences
* A proven ability to create informational graphics or data visualizations
* A collaborative style of working
* An ability to innovate and suggest new approaches as technology changes and new opportunities arise
* An interest in and knowledge of a broad range of news and current events
* A high degree of experience using Adobe inDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator
* Experience with Adobe DPS, HTML5, motion graphics or video editing is preferred
In order to be considered for this position, your resume must be received by the Human Resources Department quoting job #14-010 by noon, Friday, January 24, 2014 at the following address:
Human Resources, The Ottawa Citizen
1101 Baxter Road, P.O. Box 5020
Ottawa, ON K2C 3M4 or email your resume to
- Applications received without a job number quoted will not be considered for this position.
- Samples of published work must be presented in a Word or PDF format, not as a link to a website.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all relevant experience and/or skills are identified on his or her resume. Providing a link to a LinkedIn profile, website, blog or other digital presence is not sufficient.
- We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those applicants considered for the position will be contacted. No follow up calls or emails please. Thank you.